Total RP 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total RP 2 version 1.019.1

3 posters

Go down

Total RP 2 version 1.019.1 Empty Total RP 2 version 1.019.1

Post  Ellypse Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:59 pm

PLEASE DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.020

Hello.

First, please, excuse my mistakes, english is not my native language.

Why a version 1.019.1?
In September, the patch 5.4 bring to WoW's API some changes, resulting in bugs for addons using sliders. In Total RP, the sliders were returning float numbers instead of integers. When a player is trying to define the quality of an item or the category of buff, it inserts those float incorrect numbers in your files. Total RP was not design to work with floats, so it corrupts its database (an exemple of the corruption can by found on this post). Some player found that deleting the WTF solved the problem, which is true as it delete the whole Total RP database. Quite a radical solution.
I searched a fix and found one on WoW Wiki (here). I implemented the fix to Total RP to get the sliders to work like before and shared my fixed version with my guild. I've then emailed Lixxel about my fix and posted it in the "Report a bug" section (here). I've tried to share it with a lot of people, on french forums, on twitter.
The first problem I encountered was that there was no way for me to know if someone is using my fixed version or the normal version. Also, a lot of people using Total RP will never come to this forum, and dive into the "Report a bug" section.
Seeing that, and since Lixxel has not published a fixed version since september, I decided to change my fixed version to be version 1.019.1. Doing so, I can see who is using it or not, and people will get notified by the addon that there is a newer version available, and hopefully come here.

Is Total RP 2 1.019.1 official?
No. It's version 1.019 published by Lixxel, modified by me to fix the sliders bug. Files modified are totalRP2_UI_CreationAura.xml at line 215 and totalRP2_UI_CreationObjets.xml at lines 156 and 205. Hopefully, an official version fixed will come out soon.

Have I done the right thing?
I don't know. Probably not. I didn't take in consideration the licence. With no news from Lixxel I took those decision by my self. But I've seen so much people in game with description like "Since TRP is buggy, here's my buffs : ..." that I wanted everyone to get my fixed version. I've also been contacted by Lux, the chinese technical support and translator for Total RP, so he can distribute the chinese version of Total RP with my fix included.

Where can I download this fixed version?
You can download it here (link no longer available).

My files are corrupted. I've installed newer version but it didn't fix anything?
The fix included in Total RP 1.019.1 only revert the sliders to their previous behavior. It would require much more programming inside Total RP to get it to fix your files. I never developed an addon or code in .lua so I can't do that. However, looking into your SavedVariables files (that might contains hundreds of items) is clearly a pain in this ass. That's why I developed a little app, Total RP Reparator, to open those files (totalRP2_Auras.lua and totalRP2_Creation.lua) and automatically fixes any incorrect value found. I chose to develop this app in Java so it runs on Windows and Mac OS, so you will need Java to install it (http://www.java.com/getjava).
PLEASE MAKE SUR WOW IS NOT RUNNING BEFORE LAUNCHING THE APP
You can download Total RP Reparator here (link for guests j.mp/TRPReparator).
French version here (link for guests j.mp/TRPReparatorFR)
How to use it :
It searches for the WoW folder. It should find it automatically, however, if it doesn't or if you want to repair an other installation, you can choose manually your folder. Once it has found the folder, if you have multiple user accounts, it will ask you which one to repair. Then you just have to click Repair. It will open the files totalRP2_Auras.lua and totalRP2_Creation.lua in the folder World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/YOUR_ACCOUNT/SavedVariables/ and find all incorrect values and correct it. If all gone well, next time you logon, you will have all your objects and auras cleaned.

I use Total RP Reparator and I still have corrupted files.
You can email me at renaudparize@me.com your files so I take a look at it and find what could not be fixed, and maybe update my app so it helps people with the same issue.

Please feel free to comment, I'd appreciate any constructive comment, wether it is about my fix, my app or my choices.
Also, I encourage you to share this post with your guild, on your country's forum (I don't speak dutch, italian and poorly spanish, so I am not going to post on those forums).

Ellypse, Culte de la Rive Noire, EU

Last edited by Ellypse on Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:14 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : pl)
Ellypse
Ellypse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Total RP 2 version 1.019.1 Empty Re: Total RP 2 version 1.019.1

Post  Lady Kara Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:43 pm

Thanks for your work. I hope we're gonna have some news from Lixxel soon...
Lady Kara
Lady Kara

http://www.goblinounours.fr/tsglab/?icons_US

Back to top Go down

Post  Kodyack Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:52 am

Thanks for the work, wouldn't mind an update that changes the website the addon points to when you need to update, had to scour the web just to find this place. Smile
Kodyack
Kodyack

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellypse Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:58 am

Kodyack wrote:Thanks for the work, wouldn't mind an update that changes the website the addon points to when you need to update, had to scour the web just to find this place. Smile
It's a really quick and easy thing to fix. I've already change the files for a hypothetical version 1.019.2. Unfortunately, the message is stored in the old version, so it will require version 1.019+ for people to get the right forum address.
I'm confused Lixxel didn't fix this before.
Ellypse
Ellypse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellypse Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:43 am

Hello again.

I finally found where the sliders for the preferences pane where hidden. I will need to test this before releasing version 1.019.2.
I am also looking at other bugs submitted, to try and reproduced them and find a fix.
And also, I found a couple of suggestions I liked (like Lady Kara's about displaying titles in chat frame) and I want to give them a try.

I want to thank you all for using version 1.019.1. It has been download more than a 100 times (I've never done anything that popular ^^).
Ellypse
Ellypse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down