Total RP 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First name or title?

2 posters

Go down

First name or title? Empty First name or title?

Post  Lady Kara Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:31 pm

Hi there!

Here's a little suggestion. In-game, I've always been a little bothered by a lil' detail. First, let me explain the situation.
My character, "Eléna Kara" (Arakara being her in-game name, if you wanna find her on the armory), is the leader of a vast group working (knowingly or not) for the Dark Lady Sylvanas Windrunner. As such, she should be referred to as "Lady Kara" (title + family name) or "Grand Executor" (complete title), but never as "Eléna Kara" (first name + family name).
Yet, in-game, in the guild chat (for example), you can only read "[Eléna Kara] says : Dumass! Bring me some coffee!".

I would like to know if it could be doable to add some kind of option allowing the player to define if he wants TRP2 to display in the chat frame his [complete title + family name], his [title + family name] or [first name + family name], or even other options. That would be appreciated.  Smile
Lady Kara
Lady Kara

http://www.goblinounours.fr/tsglab/?icons_US

Back to top Go down

First name or title? Empty Re: First name or title?

Post  Ellypse Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:02 am

I love this idea.
The problem with the idea of displaying [complete title + family name] is that the option for displaying names is for the user. I don't know if I am clear but for example if you chose to display only [complete title + family name] YOU will see everyone that way, and the way others see you will be what they set. I don't think it's useful to hide everyone first name as if they have no last name or title, nothing will be displayed Neutral 
I created an option to display the title of the player (the short one) before the first name and family name. This option is enabled by default, so users will see others title unless they disable that option.
Here's a screenshot.
First name or title? OcCeLHBO
What do you think?
I can add that to my version 1.019.2 Smile
Ellypse
Ellypse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum