Total RP 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[CLOSED] TRP2 blocks emotes, guild, created quests, from displaying in chat

2 posters

Go down

[CLOSED] TRP2 blocks emotes, guild, created quests, from displaying in chat Empty [CLOSED] TRP2 blocks emotes, guild, created quests, from displaying in chat

Post  Mossclaw Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:28 pm

I need to create a quest, so I reloaded TRP2 (having stopped its use while being repaired). I run quite a number of addons. (40+)

While others can see my character emote, talk in guild chat... I cannot. Furthermore, the quest "Say" function will not work either.

The only info I can offer is that I unloaded all addons - TRP2 returned those functions back to me. Went through selective reload. Here are the two addons that cause TRP2 to, basically, lose the ability to display into my chatbox and/or suppress my emotes and chat:

Carbonite Social & Punks 1.0
Inter-Guild Link

Once I remove those - TRP2 is "unblocked" Both addons/modules have not had any code work for quite some time, and did co-exist with TRP2 before this last patch.

The loss of either is significant to me. My question is: where do I go from here? Thank you very much in advance.

Mossclaw

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] TRP2 blocks emotes, guild, created quests, from displaying in chat Empty Re: [CLOSED] TRP2 blocks emotes, guild, created quests, from displaying in chat

Post  Ellypse Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:28 am

I'm sorry to tell you there is nothing I can do. The incompatibility with other add-ons is a well known issue for Total RP 2 and I would love to make it compatible with every add-on out there, but as for Total RP 2, it would require a lot of time re-coding.
If you want to use Total RP along with your other add-ons, you can disable Total RP 2's chat features in its preferences.

I can't promise you anything, but the compatibility issue will be taken in consideration for Total RP 3.
Ellypse
Ellypse
Admin

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] TRP2 blocks emotes, guild, created quests, from displaying in chat Empty Re: [CLOSED] TRP2 blocks emotes, guild, created quests, from displaying in chat

Post  Mossclaw Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:08 am

Thank you for your response. I look forward to seeing what TRP3 has to offer!

Mossclaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down