Total RP 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[CLOSED] Item not updating in other player's inventory

2 posters

Go down

[CLOSED] Item not updating in other player's inventory Empty [CLOSED] Item not updating in other player's inventory

Post  ShiXin Mon May 05, 2014 11:09 pm

Yesterday I made a book item (from a document) and sent it to another player. Today, I sent them an updated version of the book item, but the version they received only displays yesterday's old version.

How can I fix this? Do I need to create a new item to send?

ShiXin

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Item not updating in other player's inventory Empty Re: [CLOSED] Item not updating in other player's inventory

Post  Ellypse Wed May 07, 2014 4:46 pm

Hello.

You can manually send people the data concerning a specific creation by CTRL+clicking on that creation in the creation interface. If you are targeting someone it will send the data to him, if you don't have a target it will ask for a name.

Someone recently came to me with issues about this and it seems his creations were really huge and it took some time for the data to be sent (around 6 entire minutes), so be sure to give it some times (you can see what data is sent/received when activating the debug mode in the preferences. It's a bit spamy, but if you're not sure it's working activating this option can be a good way to be sure.)

Thank you for using Total RP 2
Ellypse
Ellypse
Admin

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Item not updating in other player's inventory Empty Re: [CLOSED] Item not updating in other player's inventory

Post  ShiXin Wed May 07, 2014 7:55 pm

Ellypse wrote:You can manually send people the data concerning a specific creation by CTRL+clicking on that creation in the creation interface. If you are targeting someone it will send the data to him, if you don't have a target it will ask for a name.

Got that figured out, I was trying to send info on the Item, when I should have been sending info on the Document.

What if it's an item that the whole guild has 1 copy, and I make an update to the original? Will I have to send the info to each guildmate, 1x1?

ShiXin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellypse Thu May 08, 2014 2:41 am

Yes  Neutral 
Ellypse
Ellypse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down