Total RP 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New forum topic - scripting ?

2 posters

Go down

New forum topic - scripting ? Empty New forum topic - scripting ?

Post  tesser Fri May 23, 2014 2:26 am

I do a lot of item creation, but there doesn't seem an appropriate place to ask a lot of script questions.  Most recently for instance, I'm wondering how to know which API functions have been blocked.

Tutorials / Creations seem close, but any thoughts on making a Scripting / Item Creation category?
tesser
tesser

Back to top Go down

New forum topic - scripting ? Empty Re: New forum topic - scripting ?

Post  Ellypse Fri May 23, 2014 2:47 am

You can ask your questions in the Creations topic (which is not closed) or in the How does it work topic. The forum already has a lot of categories and I don't think it is a good idea to add more topic. It's better to make use of the existing one.

As for your question, WoWWiki has an article listing the API's functions and it indicates when a function is protected http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warcraft_API. It also provides more information on most of the functions and examples on how to use them.

Telkostrasz always said the script part of the creations is really meant for advanced users who already know how to use the Lua functions. Making a tutorial or a how to for this means making an entire lesson on programming in Lua. It's better to ask for little things individually.

Ellypse
Ellypse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum