Total RP 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[FIXED] Can't trade on realms with '-' in the name

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[FIXED] Can't trade on realms with '-' in the name - Page 2 Empty quick fix?

Post  tesser Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:30 pm

With patch 6.0.2 all item trading seems to be broken (Gryphonheart Items too) so I thought I would delve back into this.

This pseudo-code reassembles the player name-realm so it can be checked in the trust registry.  

Code:
CAPS-LOCK = existing variables in the TRP core.

function RUN_ITEM()    
local concatenated_realm = string.gsub(CREATOR_REALM, "%s+", "")   -- remove spaces
local name_query = CREATOR_NAME..'-'..concatenated_realm    -- have now assembled player-realm just from item data
if name_query == (in-trusted-registry) then       -- can check against trust registry
   TRUST_ITEM
end

Even if this works though, 6.0.2 seems to have broken trading entirely.  The trade window won't appear for the other player.
tesser
tesser

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] Can't trade on realms with '-' in the name - Page 2 Empty Re: [FIXED] Can't trade on realms with '-' in the name

Post  Ellypse Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Hello there.
I thought I fixed this issue Neutral
What did Blizzard do again Rolling Eyes
I'll see what I can do ^^
Ellypse
Ellypse
Admin

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] Can't trade on realms with '-' in the name - Page 2 Empty Re: [FIXED] Can't trade on realms with '-' in the name

Post  tesser Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:37 am

I think we never got scripted items. Normal item trading was working fine. But scripts require a trust check. That name check just needs to be formatted correctly, I think.

Let me know if I can test or help -
tesser
tesser

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellypse Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:45 am

Oh, okay. I understand now. My bad silent
I understand completely what you were saying now and I will fix this in a future version of Total RP 3 Smile
Ellypse
Ellypse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2