Total RP 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total RP 2 module : Bookworm

2 posters

Go down

Total RP 2 module : Bookworm Empty Total RP 2 module : Bookworm

Post  Ellypse Sat May 10, 2014 5:16 am

Total RP 2 module : Bookworm

Get it on Curse !

Hello everyone.

Today I'm introducing a new module for Total RP 2 called Bookworm. It allows you to save an ingame readable item (books, plaques, letters) into Total RP 2.

The story behind Total RP 2 - Bookworm
Like a lot of role-players, I love Warcraft's lore, and I love the idea that you can found books about the lore everywhere, or even be given a book as a quest reward to learn more about the background behind the quest (dat poor Morladim Crying or Very sad ).
Back in the old days, there was an addon I loved called Bookworm, made by Iriel, that allowed you to save a readable item in its library so you can read it again whenever you want. Unfortunately, Iriel hasn't updated Bookworm since Burning Crusade and it's unusable now.
The great addon Gryphonheart Items has a similar feature, copying the item as a book in your GHI bag. However, I've always found GHI difficult to use because of its obscure cluttered user interface, and it also sometimes have compatibility issues with Total RP 2 when a new update is released.
That's why I decided to add this feature to Total RP 2. It already had everything we need with its document features, the item creation, and you can even trade books with your friends or create bookshelves on the map for other people. This was also a way for me to create an addon from the begging, and as it is really simple code it was a good exercice. I've done this in a few hours last night, polishing some features this morning.

Current features

• Total RP 2 Bookworm will ask you if you want to save what you are reading when a reading window is opened.
  • It creates a new Total RP 2 document, with the same title, and create a page for each page of the book you are reading.
  • It automatically creates a new Total RP 2 item linked to the document created and add it to your bag so you have a copy of the book right away.

Future features

• Replace the prompt dialog by an icon on the text frame to be less intrusive
  • Take advantage of Total RP 2's advanced fonts option to use a better looking font and color
  • Add different styles for plaques
  • Check if the book is already known

Total RP 2 - Bookworm will be available on Curse.com shortly as a separate module for Total RP 2 (as it prompts you when you read something, at least for now, I prefer to make it optional).
You can also use this direct link to download it now. Check the post below for the updated version.

Last edited by Ellypse on Sat May 10, 2014 4:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ellypse
Ellypse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Total RP 2 module : Bookworm Empty Re: Total RP 2 module : Bookworm

Post  Ellypse Sat May 10, 2014 11:43 am

Well, that was quick ! Here's the first update for Total RP 2 Bookworm !
Changelog wrote:

Changes :
  • Total RP 2 Bookworm will now display an icon next to the text frame instead of prompting you.
  • You can click that icon to add the document to Total RP 2 and get a copy in your bag.
  • If Total RP 2 already have the document you are viewing in its database, a check mark will appear on the icon, notifying you that you already have that document.

Other tweaks :
  • Added spanish translation.
  • Sounds added to the book created, for more realism !

Total RP 2 module : Bookworm Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202014-05-10%20%C3%A0%2015.42.17

Total RP 2 module : Bookworm Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202014-05-10%20%C3%A0%2016.26.57
Ellypse
Ellypse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellypse Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:21 am

Total RP 2 - Bookworm has been updated to version 1.0 !

I've incremented the version number from 0.3 to 1.0 because with all the things I've changed in the code, this version looks more like a professional version to me. It is now using Total RP 2's APIs at their full potential instead of using UI workarounds. It fixes an issue with incomplete books when you are trying to copy a book and you are not on the first page (this was really easy, I'm quite ashamed I left that one out before Embarassed ). Total RP 2 Bookworm will also take advantage of Total RP 2's templates for document and use a texture corresponding to the texture of the document you want to copy (book, bronze/silver/marble plaques, stone). Also if the document you want to copy comes from an item in your bag, Total RP 2 Bookworm will use that item's icon when creating a Total RP 2 item !

Change-log wrote:
  • Total RP 2 Bookworm has been entirely rebuilt for a better integration with Total RP 2's APIs
  • Total RP 2 Bookworm will now use one of Total RP 2's document templates to create documents, accordingly to the texture of the document you want to copy (currently working on books, bronze plaques, silver plaques, marble plaques and stones)
  • If the book you are trying to copy is from an item in your inventory, Total RP 2 Bookworm will use the item icon when creating the Total RP 2 item (a big special thanks to Telkostrasz for helping me out with those damned regular expressions !)
  • Total RP 2 Bookworm is less talkative when it copies a book to your bags Razz
Ellypse
Ellypse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhneim Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:00 pm

Niiice !! Very Happy
So useful - for me at least ^^'.

I used "grifon... something" before. I do not remember the name... :/

Whatever it is, thanks Ellypse!

Adhneim

Back to top Go down