Total RP 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Work on the frame.

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Work on the frame. - Page 2 Empty Re: Work on the frame.

Post  CMCCallaghan Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:02 pm

if you want some help Smile
CMCCallaghan
CMCCallaghan
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post  CMCCallaghan Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:12 am

How are you going to manage the various frames of the new UI?
CMCCallaghan
CMCCallaghan
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellypse Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:21 pm

Telkostrasz started working on Total RP 3 months ago and he is managing the UI the same way he did it with Total RP 2 (in a much more organized way ^^).
I told him about the minimap button and he was okay that I do it using LibDBIcon. I asked him about using more libraries and he told me he was okay, but of course, we are not going to use libraries just to use libraries (and I know to much about that subject to convince Telko). For Total RP 3, we are not going to use AceLocale, however the localization feature will be made so it is compatible with Curse's participative translation feature (.lua dictionaries), so we can get the benefit of the community helping with the localization and still do the integration Telko's way.

But the code is far from finished and everything can still change. We might use more libraries for the new UI if it is a clear better choice.
Ellypse
Ellypse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CMCCallaghan Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:55 pm

Well depends of how many addons you use. I use a lot of addons so I always try to find those that use the Ace3 libraries or related. I found out that it makes the all thing lighter as all the addons share the same libs. Once one is loaded for an other addon, the addon will use the forst instance instead of creating it's own.
CMCCallaghan
CMCCallaghan
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellypse Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:01 pm

I get your point, but I don't think I can convince Telko to drop everything he has done and start over using Ace for the frames. I am sure it would be more optimized in some cases, but it's too late, a lot of things have already been coded.
But be sure that if I encounter a situation where using a library is possible and will help, I will. Not only for a better integration with other addons, but because it's almost always easier to use a library instead of re-inventing the wheel ^^
Ellypse
Ellypse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum