Total RP 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[FIXED] custom fix for the creation bug

4 posters

Go down

[FIXED] custom fix for the creation bug Empty [FIXED] custom fix for the creation bug

Post  Ellypse Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:48 am

THIS FIXED IS INCLUDED IN VERSION 1.020, please download it from Curse.com

Hello,

First, please excuse me for the english mistakes I may make, french is my native language.

Like others, I had this bug with the creation interface. A couple days ago, I searched online a way to quick fix this. As I am a developer I was not afraid to open the .lua and the .xml files. I quickly found an article on WoW Wiki about the changes brought to the WoW API by update 5.4. All addon using sliders are having a bug (instead of returning simple numbers, without dot, it now returns a number with stuff after the dot). Hopefully that page had a fix. I tried to implement it and it worked like a charm. The sliders are going step by step and return a correct value.
I have shared this fix on other forums, but as I am a new user, I can't post any link for a week. If you want to download my modified version, send me an email so I can send you the link. I have only fixed the sliders in the creation interface (for objects and buffs), there are sliders in the settings that I didn't manage to find.

But, if you already have tried to create something, your files are corrupted by wrong numbers in it. You can try to search for the lines in the totalRP2_Auras.lua and totalRP2_Creation.lua files, but I've seen people having thousands of lines in those files.
To make things easier, I've developed for my guild a little program in Java (so it runs on Windows and Mac as long as you have java installed), that do this for you. It searches incorrect numbers in those too files and it corrects it. I am willing to share it with you. You can send me an email as well for this app.

I've contacted Lixxel about the fix by mail thursday and I'm hoping for a reply soon.

I hope I can help some people with this.

Ellypse, Culte de la Rive Noire, FR

Last edited by Ellypse on Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ellypse
Ellypse
Admin

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] custom fix for the creation bug Empty Re: [FIXED] custom fix for the creation bug

Post  Lady Kara Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:52 pm

As a friend of mine shared this bug with me recently, I'd love to see it fixed too. Smile
Lady Kara
Lady Kara

http://www.goblinounours.fr/tsglab/?icons_US

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] custom fix for the creation bug Empty Re: [FIXED] custom fix for the creation bug

Post  Ellypse Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:48 pm

THIS FIX IS INCLUDED IN VERSION 1.020, please download it from curse.

Hello again.

So, it's been a week now since I've emailed Lixxel and I haven't got any message back.

I can now post links on the forum so I can share with you my modified version of Total RP and my app to clean your files from the corruption caused by the bug.

You can download my modified version of Total RP 2 version 1.019 here.

What's modified :
I've implemented a fix I found on WoW wiki (here). This fix bring back the old behavior of the sliders : sliding step by step, so it's not returning long incorrect numbers.
I've implemented it in the files /Total RP/totalRP2_UI_CreationObjets.xml and /Total RP/totalRP2_UI_CreationAura.xml
There are other sliders, in the settings for example, that I didn't found, so they are still buggy.
That's all I've modified. No other malicious tweaks or any other bug fixed.

For those who have their files corrupted, like ÉlverGalargaIbiza in this post, I developed a small app to repair your files. I chose to develop this app in Java, so you can use it on both Windows PCs and Macs, as long as you have Java installed (you know, the annoying thing always asking for updates). If you don't have it, you can download it directly from Java's website at http://www.java.com/getjava.

What the app does :
It searches for the WoW folder. It should find it automatically, however, if it doesn't or if you want to repair an other installation, you can choose manually your folder. Once it has found the folder, if you have multiple user accounts, it will ask you which one to repair. Then you just have to click Repair. It will open the files totalRP2_Auras.lua and totalRP2_Creation.lua in the folder World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/YOUR_ACCOUNT/SavedVariables/ and find all incorrect values and correct it. If all gone well, next time you logon, you will have all your objects and auras cleaned.
Again, that's all it does, no other malicious things.

PLEASE, MAKE SURE WOW IS NOT RUNNING BEFORE LAUNCHING THE APP
You can download my little Total RP Reparator here.

Again, please, excuse me for my bad english. I hope this can help people who have corrupted files.
I also hope the current official version of Total RP get a fix quickly for this bug.

Ellypse, Culte de la Rive Noire, FR

Last edited by Ellypse on Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Ellypse
Ellypse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lixxel Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:09 am

Oh my goodness! You are awesome!

I'm very sorry about not replying in a timely manner, but I'm very happy and impressed you found the issue and fix. I didn't even realize about this change and that it would so annoyingly break all the sliders in TRP2 (and there are a lot of sliders.)

I haven't played with your scripts and files yet, but I'll be looking over them when I work on this over the weekend. Ideally, the fix would be shoved out as soon as possible! Sorry for the inconvenience!

Lixxel
Admin

https://trp2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amren Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:10 pm

Hey, i'm sorry, but i have another question and another problem, produced by this bug.
I had the same problems with the sliders, but still in version 1020 there is an item, that corrupted the hole inventory...
I can't erase it and when i click on it, all i see is a clear frame of the TRP creator (only the frame with the dragon picture).
My hole TRP creator is damaged only by this item. Has someone an idea, how i can delete it? In WoW it isn't possible, but their have to be a list of this items in a program file. May i can delete this one and set a "clean" original of this file to this place. No matter, if my other items were deleted, but this bug is heavy...

Thanks for any help
Amren

Amren

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellypse Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:28 pm

Yes you can. Read my second message :)
Ellypse
Ellypse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amren Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:45 pm

You mean your app?
I tried it with this, but it doesn't work Sad

Edit: I use the german version, may it doesn't work with it??

Amren

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellypse Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:58 pm

Hmm, ok, then I'll need to take a look at your files. Using the german version doesn't change anything ;)
Can you upload all the files with a name starting with totalRP2_.... located in your World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/YOUR_ACCOUNT_NAME/SavedVariables to this url : http://dbinbox.com/ellypse (there should be 13 .lua files and 13 .lua.bak files, I actually only need the .lua ones ;) )? You can .zip them if you want. I need to find were the corruption is and why my app failed :)
Thank you :)
Ellypse
Ellypse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amren Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:07 pm

Ok, i upload the 13 files (all the luas). I hope you find the error.

I thank you very much for your to try it.

Amren

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellypse Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:19 pm

Thank you. I've downloaded your files, put them into my own folder and run the app. It fixed the problem.
Please make sure World of Warcraft is not running when you launch the app. I forgot to say that, and some people are making this mistake. If World of Warcraft is running, it has already put your files in RAM, then, when you quit WoW, it copies those files in RAM to your disk, replacing the existing ones. If you launch my app when WoW is running, it will fix your files, then WoW will copy your loaded corrupted files again to your disk, erasing the uncorrupted ones.
I will edit my post so people are warned to quit WoW before running the app.
Ellypse
Ellypse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amren Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:22 pm

Oh, I'm such a stupid. I'm sorry. i did think about it, but don't try...
I thank you very much!

I will try it once again, in this minute.

Thank you once again.

Amren

Back to top Go down

Post  Amren Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:40 pm

I tried it, it worked perfectly.
You are a genius.
Nothing else to say, only a last Thank you!

Amren

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellypse Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 pm

You're welcome, I'm glad it worked. I've edited all my post, and even created a specific post about my app in the general section, so people know they need to have the game closed before running it ^^
Ellypse
Ellypse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down